What We Support
Shaw Islanders, Inc. through its membership fees and fund-raising efforts, helps support many on-island activities from children’s summer recreation to dinners for people of a certain age. They can be as simple and inexpensive as hosting a candidates’ forum or as complicated and expensive as building a first-class ball field or remodeling the Community Center’s kitchen.
Here are some of the activities that we support:
- Community Center
- Shaw Island Library and Historical Society
- Educational Classes
- Island Kiosk
- Shaw Island 4-H
- Island Symphonia
- Recreational Activities
- Fourth of July Festivities
- Shaw Island Directory
- Birthday Club Dinners
- Shaw School
- Public Meetings
- Candidates’ and Political Forums
- Other Community Projects
The activities that we support reflect the goals of Shaw Islanders, Inc. They include:
- Enhance the quality of life and sense of community among residents and property owners of Shaw Island.
- Promote and foster better understanding and use of the natural resources of Shaw Island and the other islands in the San Juans.
- Support community organizations and activities.
- Hold public meetings and gatherings with lectures, exhibits and discussions, both formal and informal.
- Maintain and enhance the community center for these general purposes.